Research Lines in the Laboratory
- Supplementary Materials
- Supplementary Materials to Papers
- Dolphin communication
- Studies of dolphin communication in the wild and in captivity. We collaborate very closely with Diana Reiss' lab at Hunter College, and in partnership with two major institutions, the National Aquarium (in Baltimore) and the Oceanic Society (through their Belize field station).
- Auditory Physiology
- Computational Neuroscience
- Molecular Biophysics
- Complex Networks
- We have recently worked on two families of complex networks: the self-tuned critical networks, and the optimal transport networks. These two address almost orthogonal issues of importance in biology.
- History of Astronomy
- We have dabbled in some issues related to history of Science, in particular about the birth of astronomical ideas.
- Stochastic Dynamics
- Much of the dynamics seen in living beings is stochastic, being driven by or influenced by noise. We've studied many examples, from the stochastic motion of motor proteins such as kinesin or myosin, to the influence of electrical membrane noise in the firing of neural action potentials.